[asterisk-dev] Asterisk goes Spatial Conferencing: the STEAK project

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Tue Aug 23 04:45:09 CDT 2016

Dennis Guse wrote:
> Hey,
>
> we adjusted the patch set (fftw3 is now a ifdef-ed).
> Precisely, these two commits have been modified (basically adding HAVE_FFTW3)
>
> https://gerrit.asterisk.org/#/c/3522/
> https://gerrit.asterisk.org/#/c/3524/
>
> Two questions:
> 1. It seems that we were working outside the commit tree by adjusting
> 3522 and 3524 - we pulled each one down using _git review -d XXXX_,
> applied the modifications, and submitted using _git review_
> Is it necessary to also "re-commit" the subsequent patches (or does
> gerrit this automatically)?
> And if so, how?
> At the moment Gerrit does not try to rebuild the subsequent patches
> (i.e., 3523 and 3525).

Gerrit does not automatically do this, it's up to you to rebase the
patches so that a review is rebased on the latest version of the one it
is dependent on. You can either do this from the web interface using the
Rebase button (if it will cleanly rebase) or you have to build up a
patch series on your system. This can be done by creating a local branch
and pulling down each patch into it using (git review -x <review>),
making any changes needed, committing, and doing git review again. This
provides the dependency information to Gerrit it needs.

> 2. How can we withdraw the OPUS patch from the patch set?
> https://gerrit.asterisk.org/#/c/3526/

You can click "Abandon" from the web interface and it will abandon that
specific review.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Colp