[asterisk-dev] Opinions Needed: PJSIP Outboud Registration with multiple server_uris

George Joseph george.joseph at fairview5.com
Sat Sep 20 15:59:17 CDT 2014

On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 2:20 PM, Joshua Colp <jcolp at digium.com> wrote:

> George Joseph wrote:
>
> <snip>
>

>> I was thinking that we probably don't want to create hard coded objects
>> called "trunk", "user", etc.  Instead let the user define the patterns
>> that suit them.
>>

> It would be much more approachable for a user with specific types.

Is this agreement on letting the user define the patterns (with samples
provides) or are you saying we should hardcode types?  There are enough
variations in the patterns that I don't think we could create viable
'trunk', 'user', etc. objects.  I'd make this a separate config
(pjsip_express.conf or something) with a default set of pattern definitions.

> These types result in underlying endpoint, identify, outbound
> registrations, etc existing but that fact is an underlying detail they
> don't worry or care about.

Exactly.