[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-users] AstriDevCon 2014: Agenda itemDeprecate AMI/AGI(Ben Klang)

Leif Madsen lmadsen at thinkingphones.com
Wed Oct 22 14:26:44 CDT 2014

On 22 October 2014 14:55, Paul Albrecht <palbrecht at glccom.com> wrote:

> On Oct 22, 2014, at 11:31 AM, Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com> wrote:
>
> This is an open source project. Communication is done in an open,
> transparent manner. People should feel like they can bring up interesting,
> radical, and yes - even crazy - ideas.
>

> By the same token, when you propose ideas, you must be prepared for honest
> criticism and accept it in graciously rather than simply resorting to
> argument ad hominem.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

> If you don't like that, you don't have to participate in the discussion.
>

> You haven’t really responded to the substance of my post, that is, is
> asterisk abandoning the dial plan?

Someone proposed an idea during the devcon. Nothing has been decided or
even discussed yet. What you're reading and freaking out about is simply a
list of ideas mentioned during the devcon, and noted in a document. That's
as far as it has gotten; a list of minutes you're reading without further
context based on actual participation in the conference itself.

Leif.