[asterisk-dev] AstriDevCon 2014: AgendaitemDeprecate AMI/AGI(Ben Klang)

Paul Albrecht palbrecht at glccom.com
Wed Oct 22 14:56:54 CDT 2014

On Oct 22, 2014, at 2:26 PM, Leif Madsen <lmadsen at thinkingphones.com> wrote:

> On 22 October 2014 14:55, Paul Albrecht <palbrecht at glccom.com> wrote:
>
> On Oct 22, 2014, at 11:31 AM, Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com> wrote:
>> This is an open source project. Communication is done in an open, transparent manner. People should feel like they can bring up interesting, radical, and yes - even crazy - ideas.
>>

> By the same token, when you propose ideas, you must be prepared for honest criticism and accept it in graciously rather than simply resorting to argument ad hominem.
>
> I don't think that word means what you think it means.
>

>> If you don't like that, you don't have to participate in the discussion.
>>

> You haven’t really responded to the substance of my post, that is, is asterisk abandoning the dial plan?
>
> Someone proposed an idea during the devcon. Nothing has been decided or even discussed yet. What you're reading and freaking out about is simply a list of ideas mentioned during the devcon, and noted in a document. That's as far as it has gotten; a list of minutes you're reading without further context based on actual participation in the conference itself.

Here’s a link to the minutes:  https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/AstriDevCon+2014

It has you saying: Leif: we're in a transition, moving from dialplan model to external control model.  Probably need external application to be built  for us to move completely away from AMI/AGI.

So you’re saying Asterisk is moving away from the dial plan or were you misquoted?