[asterisk-dev] DTMF mute in RTP

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Fri May 23 08:39:21 CDT 2014

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 4:22 AM, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:
>  rtp->dtmfmute = ast_tvadd(ast_tvnow(), ast_tv(0, 500000));
>
> Am I right in that we mute half a second between DTMF signals here? I had to take it down to 45000 microseconds to make my alarms work.
>
> In channel.c we have a forced gap on 45 ms, which is more reasonable.
>
> /*! Minimum amount of time between the end of the last digit and the beginning
>  *  of a new one - 45ms */
> #define AST_MIN_DTMF_GAP 45
>

> I think we should implement a #define in res_rtp_asterisk.c and take down the dtmf mute to a reasonable level, or make it configurable.
>
> What is your opinion?

I wonder if this shouldn't just be handled in the core, and not in
res_rtp_asterisk at all. Technically, anything could create DTMF and
pass it off to a channel to be handled - having the management of DTMF
in channel.c does seem to make some sense.

I'm curious, what happens if you just remove the checks in res_rtp_asterisk?

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager