[asterisk-dev] DTMF mute in RTP

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri May 23 04:22:39 CDT 2014

 rtp->dtmfmute = ast_tvadd(ast_tvnow(), ast_tv(0, 500000));

Am I right in that we mute half a second between DTMF signals here? I had to take it down to 45000 microseconds to make my alarms work.

In channel.c we have a forced gap on 45 ms, which is more reasonable.

/*! Minimum amount of time between the end of the last digit and the beginning
 *  of a new one - 45ms */
#define AST_MIN_DTMF_GAP 45

I think we should implement a #define in res_rtp_asterisk.c and take down the dtmf mute to a reasonable level, or make it configurable.

What is your opinion?

/O