[asterisk-dev] Proposed removal of deprecated modules in Asterisk 13 (cdr_sqlite, chan_gtalk, chan_jingle, res_jabber, chan_h323, app_readfile, app_dahdibarge, app_setcallerid, app_saycountpl)

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Jul 1 06:51:30 CDT 2014

On 01 Jul 2014, at 13:19, Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 2:25 AM, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:
>
> On 30 Jun 2014, at 16:24, Walter Doekes <walter+asterisk-dev at osso.nl> wrote:
>
> > On 29-06-14 00:50, Matthew Jordan wrote:
> >> * app_readfile/app_dahdibarge/app_setcallerid/app_saycountpl -
> >> deprecated in Asterisk 1.8. While less important than the other
> >> previously listed modules, having been deprecated for 2 LTS's, it is
> >> probably time for these module to go.
> >
> > May I also suggest removing:
> >
> > - SetAMAFlags
> > - SetMusicOnHold
> > - WaitMusicOnHold
> What are the replacements for the musiconhold functions?
>
> From WaitMusicOnHold:
>
>         ast_log(LOG_WARNING, "WaitMusicOnHold application is deprecated and will be removed. Use MusicOnHold with duration parameter instead\n");
>
> From SetMusicOnHold:
>
>         ast_log(LOG_WARNING, "SetMusicOnHold application is deprecated and will be removed. Use Set(CHANNEL(musicclass)=...) instead\n");
Ok, that seems like a good solution.

> > in chan_sip:
> > - "username" (=defaultuser)
> Username actually has multiple functions, which is why I separated one of them
> to defaultuser. username should remain the authentication username or be replaced
> by authuser=
>
> Currently, these are aliased together:
>
>             } else if (!strcasecmp(v->name, "username") || !strcmp(v->name, "defaultuser")) {    /* "username" is deprecated */
>                 ast_string_field_set(peer, username, v->value);
>                 if (!strcasecmp(v->name, "username")) {
>                     if (deprecation_warning) {
>                         ast_log(LOG_NOTICE, "The 'username' field for sip peers has been deprecated in favor of the term 'defaultuser'\n");
>                         deprecation_warning = 0;
>                     }
>
> The peer username field would not be removed or altered; I'd propose that the alias would merely be removed in favour of "defaultuser". This has been deprecated (and a NOTICE emitted) since 1.6.0.
I did not add that deprecation and propably missed it being done. I think it's wrong until we have a solution
for auth user. We can separate them - but that means some code change.
I vote NO for removing this until we have solved the issues.

> > - SIPPEER accepting colon separator
> > - SIPCHANINFO
> Why remove SIPCHANINFO?
>
> It has a complete replacement in the CHANNEL function:
>
>     if (deprecated++ % 20 == 0) {
>         /* Deprecated in 1.6.1 */
>         ast_log(LOG_WARNING, "SIPCHANINFO() is deprecated.  Please transition to using CHANNEL().\n");
>     }
>
> Looking at what can be obtained via SIPCHANINFO - peerip, recvip, from, uri, useragent, peername, and t38passthrough, each of these have an exact analogous parameter in the CHANNEL function. Plus, the CHANNEL function provides RTP/RTCP information for the SIP channel.

Ok. I still don't see the point of moving everything to CHANNEL but that's only me.

/O