[asterisk-dev] Proposed removal of deprecated modules in Asterisk 13 (cdr_sqlite, chan_gtalk, chan_jingle, res_jabber, chan_h323, app_readfile, app_dahdibarge, app_setcallerid, app_saycountpl)

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Tue Jul 1 09:11:40 CDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 6:51 AM, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:

> On 01 Jul 2014, at 13:19, Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com> wrote:
>

> On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 2:25 AM, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:
>

>> On 30 Jun 2014, at 16:24, Walter Doekes <walter+asterisk-dev at osso.nl>
>> wrote:

>> > May I also suggest removing:
>> >
>> > - SetAMAFlags
>> > - SetMusicOnHold
>> > - WaitMusicOnHold
>> What are the replacements for the musiconhold functions?
>>

> From WaitMusicOnHold:
>
>         ast_log(LOG_WARNING, "WaitMusicOnHold application is deprecated
> and will be removed. Use MusicOnHold with duration parameter instead\n");
>
> From SetMusicOnHold:
>
>         ast_log(LOG_WARNING, "SetMusicOnHold application is deprecated and
> will be removed. Use Set(CHANNEL(musicclass)=...) instead\n");
>
> Ok, that seems like a good solution.
>

>> > in chan_sip:
>> > - "username" (=defaultuser)
>> Username actually has multiple functions, which is why I separated one of
>> them
>> to defaultuser. username should remain the authentication username or be
>> replaced
>> by authuser=
>>

> Currently, these are aliased together:
>
>             } else if (!strcasecmp(v->name, "username") ||
> !strcmp(v->name, "defaultuser")) {    /* "username" is deprecated */
>                 ast_string_field_set(peer, username, v->value);
>                 if (!strcasecmp(v->name, "username")) {
>                     if (deprecation_warning) {
>                         ast_log(LOG_NOTICE, "The 'username' field for sip
> peers has been deprecated in favor of the term 'defaultuser'\n");
>                         deprecation_warning = 0;
>                     }
>
> The peer username field would not be removed or altered; I'd propose that
> the alias would merely be removed in favour of "defaultuser". This has been
> deprecated (and a NOTICE emitted) since 1.6.0.
>
> I did not add that deprecation and propably missed it being done. I think
> it's wrong until we have a solution
> for auth user. We can separate them - but that means some code change.
> I vote NO for removing this until we have solved the issues.

I'm not sure how strongly Walter feels about removing this option, but I
could go either way. I definitely understand the desire to have a more
permanent solution than simply moving the name (with many purposes) from
'username' to 'defaultuser', and I'm okay with keeping this option until a
more complete solution is provided.

Walter - any thoughts?

Matt

--