[asterisk-dev] Proposed removal of deprecated modules in Asterisk 13 (cdr_sqlite, chan_gtalk, chan_jingle, res_jabber, chan_h323, app_readfile, app_dahdibarge, app_setcallerid, app_saycountpl)

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Tue Jul 1 06:19:23 CDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 2:25 AM, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:

> On 30 Jun 2014, at 16:24, Walter Doekes <walter+asterisk-dev at osso.nl>
> wrote:
>
> > On 29-06-14 00:50, Matthew Jordan wrote:
> >> * app_readfile/app_dahdibarge/app_setcallerid/app_saycountpl -
> >> deprecated in Asterisk 1.8. While less important than the other
> >> previously listed modules, having been deprecated for 2 LTS's, it is
> >> probably time for these module to go.
> >
> > May I also suggest removing:
> >
> > - SetAMAFlags
> > - SetMusicOnHold
> > - WaitMusicOnHold
> What are the replacements for the musiconhold functions?
>

>From WaitMusicOnHold:

        ast_log(LOG_WARNING, "WaitMusicOnHold application is deprecated and
will be removed. Use MusicOnHold with duration parameter instead\n");

>From SetMusicOnHold:

        ast_log(LOG_WARNING, "SetMusicOnHold application is deprecated and
will be removed. Use Set(CHANNEL(musicclass)=...) instead\n");

> > in chan_sip:
> > - "username" (=defaultuser)
> Username actually has multiple functions, which is why I separated one of
> them
> to defaultuser. username should remain the authentication username or be
> replaced
> by authuser=

Currently, these are aliased together:

            } else if (!strcasecmp(v->name, "username") || !strcmp(v->name,
"defaultuser")) {    /* "username" is deprecated */
                ast_string_field_set(peer, username, v->value);
                if (!strcasecmp(v->name, "username")) {
                    if (deprecation_warning) {
                        ast_log(LOG_NOTICE, "The 'username' field for sip
peers has been deprecated in favor of the term 'defaultuser'\n");
                        deprecation_warning = 0;
                    }

The peer username field would not be removed or altered; I'd propose that
the alias would merely be removed in favour of "defaultuser". This has been
deprecated (and a NOTICE emitted) since 1.6.0.

> > - SIPPEER accepting colon separator
> > - SIPCHANINFO
> Why remove SIPCHANINFO?

It has a complete replacement in the CHANNEL function:

    if (deprecated++ % 20 == 0) {
        /* Deprecated in 1.6.1 */
        ast_log(LOG_WARNING, "SIPCHANINFO() is deprecated.  Please
transition to using CHANNEL().\n");
    }

Looking at what can be obtained via SIPCHANINFO - peerip, recvip, from,
uri, useragent, peername, and t38passthrough, each of these have an exact
analogous parameter in the CHANNEL function. Plus, the CHANNEL function
provides RTP/RTCP information for the SIP channel.

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager