[asterisk-dev] Any plans for func_config to use sorcery?

George Joseph george.joseph at fairview5.com
Wed Sep 4 15:01:34 CDT 2013

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 12:29 PM, Joshua Colp <jcolp at digium.com> wrote:
> George Joseph wrote:
>>>

>> I use AST_CONFIG from lua to retrieve info from users.conf.   I
>> created a fork of the AsteriskGUI for my customers and have been
>> transforming it to not use global variables in extensions.conf to
>> store user specific data.  Happily, pbx_config could care less if
>> there are parameters in a users context that it doesn't recognize
>> and AST_CONFIG reads them just fine.  This gives me 1 easily
>> accessible place to store user data.
>

> It's certainly an approach.
>
>> I do have work-arounds though...  I could create a separate config
>> file and at least get the data out of extensions.conf.  This is
>> probably the 'correct' option anyway.  I could also use a naming
>> convention in pjsip.conf so the objects all have unique names
>> (user-ep, user-aor, etc). AST_CONFIG works fine with that
>> convention. I was also trying to use setvar in the users context at
>> one point but if you need to set more than one you can't manipulate
>> them from AMI very well.
>
> Yes, that would be a workaround if your environment is purely configuration
> file based. Your usage is rather unique.
>
>> On related notes... What's the plan for SIPPEER, SIP_HEADER,
>> SIPCHANINFO, SipAddHeader, SipRemoveHeader, etc.  They're all
>> provided by chan_sip and I don't see any pjsip equivalents.
>

> They don't currently exist but some equivalents will most likely come to
> exist in time. Due to the way things are architected adding any of them is
> not a huge job.

Gotcha.  If you give me some naming convention guidance, I can work on
both the SIP equivalents and config stuff (which would be needed to
duplicate SIPPEER anyway) using PJSIP_DIAL_CONTACTS and
PJSIP_MEDIA_OFFER as templates.

>> How about users.conf?  Any plan to have pbx_config create pjsip
>> objects instead of, or as well as, sip objects?
>

> I don't foresee it ever being implemented. Some higher level concepts
> *could* be done which internally create the primary object types.

Yep, makes sense.

On yet another side note, how do you see phoneprov config integrating
with pjsip config?