[asterisk-dev] Any plans for func_config to use sorcery?

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Wed Sep 4 13:29:06 CDT 2013

George Joseph wrote:

> I use AST_CONFIG from lua to retrieve info from users.conf.   I
> created a fork of the AsteriskGUI for my customers and have been
> transforming it to not use global variables in extensions.conf to
> store user specific data.  Happily, pbx_config could care less if
> there are parameters in a users context that it doesn't recognize
> and AST_CONFIG reads them just fine.  This gives me 1 easily
> accessible place to store user data.

It's certainly an approach.

> I do have work-arounds though...  I could create a separate config
> file and at least get the data out of extensions.conf.  This is
> probably the 'correct' option anyway.  I could also use a naming
> convention in pjsip.conf so the objects all have unique names
> (user-ep, user-aor, etc). AST_CONFIG works fine with that
> convention. I was also trying to use setvar in the users context at
> one point but if you need to set more than one you can't manipulate
> them from AMI very well.

Yes, that would be a workaround if your environment is purely
configuration file based. Your usage is rather unique.

> On related notes... What's the plan for SIPPEER, SIP_HEADER,
> SIPCHANINFO, SipAddHeader, SipRemoveHeader, etc.  They're all
> provided by chan_sip and I don't see any pjsip equivalents.

They don't currently exist but some equivalents will most likely come to
exist in time. Due to the way things are architected adding any of them
is not a huge job.

> How about users.conf?  Any plan to have pbx_config create pjsip
> objects instead of, or as well as, sip objects?

I don't foresee it ever being implemented. Some higher level concepts
*could* be done which internally create the primary object types.

--
Joshua Colp