[asterisk-dev] Any plans for func_config to use sorcery?

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Wed Sep 4 15:41:17 CDT 2013

George Joseph wrote:

> Gotcha.  If you give me some naming convention guidance, I can work on
> both the SIP equivalents and config stuff (which would be needed to
> duplicate SIPPEER anyway) using PJSIP_DIAL_CONTACTS and
> PJSIP_MEDIA_OFFER as templates.

Changing the names is a minor thing, so just go with what feels right.
Note: We have no peers though.

>>> How about users.conf?  Any plan to have pbx_config create pjsip
>>> objects instead of, or as well as, sip objects?
>>
>> I don't foresee it ever being implemented. Some higher level concepts
>> *could* be done which internally create the primary object types.
>>

> Yep, makes sense.
>
> On yet another side note, how do you see phoneprov config integrating
> with pjsip config?

I haven't given it any thought, and I don't know if it ever will. My
personal opinion is that while trying to integrate everything into one
nice bundle is a good idea doing it all within Asterisk just leaves you
with an "almost there" solution. Let Asterisk do what it is good at.
Broadening the scope to include other projects which are good at what
they do ultimately gives you more power and yields a better experience.

--
Joshua Colp