[asterisk-dev] Segfault on incoming SIP call with res_ldap

Dominik George nik at naturalnet.de
Tue Oct 29 11:13:36 CDT 2013

Hi,

> > Am I to offer at least $500 for fixing something that is most likely a
> > broken pointer that can be fixed with two lines, if not two bytes of
> > code?
>
> Any offer is for speeding the process up, not for the problem getting
> fixed.  Since you brought it up on a mailing list after using the
> usual channels of filing a bug report, it's a natural assumption that
> this is very important to you.

Posting it here is nothing more than an effort to solve it toghether in
a more efficient fashion than a bug tracker allows for, find out
together what the issue is and fix it together, or the list help me fix
it and provide a patch myself.

I intend to *discuss* the issue, not only report it, and this list is
about Asterisk development discussion.

> > Honestly, I am simply looking for someone to say "this bug comes from
> > there", and I will most likely even provide a patch myself once I
> > understand how it is triggered.
>
> Given that ap is used in two contexts, my guess would be that there's
> a missing va_copy().  This is how all of the other realtime drivers do
> it.  What's odd is that this code hasn't been modified in 6 months,
> and yet you're seeing a problem.  What was the previous version that
> you were using (so that a code comparison may be done)?

I was using 1.8.13 before.

-nik

--
PGP-Fingerprint: 3C9D 54A4 7575 C026 FB17  FD26 B79A 3C16 A0C4 F296