[asterisk-dev] Progress with PGtips

Johan Wilfer lists at jttech.se
Wed Apr 24 08:30:12 CDT 2013

2013-04-24 13:47, Olle E. Johansson skrev:
> Hi!
>
> As you've seen from some commits, I'm working on improving the SRV support for Asterisk.
>
> My branch now successfully handles record sets with mixed IPv4/IPv6 records. When running IPv4,
> it jumps over the first IPv6 only host and selects the first SRV record with IPv4 support.
> This doesn't work with a standard Asterisk 1.8. Very few SIP implementations handle this
> situation when we tested at SIPit. Feels good to have fixed it in Asterisk :-)
>
> I'm going to continue with supporting DNS based failover in dial and other SIP requests, now that I
> have the basics working.
>
> Cheers,
> /O

Hi Olle!
That's very cool.

So the note about the issue with SRV-records in the sample sip.conf for
asterisk 1.8 about SRV records will actually be invalidated and
implemented correctly?

"srvlookup=yes
; Enable DNS SRV lookups on outbound calls
; Note: Asterisk only uses the first host
; in SRV records"

That renders the question - would this be considered to go into released
branches 1.8 and forward, considered a bugfix, or not?

I've disabled srvlookup in my current installations as it did more harm
than good. Either way - thanks for working on this!

/Johan