[asterisk-dev] Progress with PGtips

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Apr 24 06:47:10 CDT 2013

Hi!

As you've seen from some commits, I'm working on improving the SRV support for Asterisk.

My branch now successfully handles record sets with mixed IPv4/IPv6 records. When running IPv4,
it jumps over the first IPv6 only host and selects the first SRV record with IPv4 support.
This doesn't work with a standard Asterisk 1.8. Very few SIP implementations handle this
situation when we tested at SIPit. Feels good to have fixed it in Asterisk :-)

I'm going to continue with supporting DNS based failover in dial and other SIP requests, now that I
have the basics working.

Cheers,
/O