[asterisk-dev] Asterisk CREDITS

Andrew Latham lathama at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 19:19:41 CDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Tzafrir Cohen
<tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 10:41:53AM -0400, Andrew Latham wrote:
>> All
>>
>> While working on Doxygen I have found many inline credits in the
>> "\file" stanza and other locations of apps, resources, core components
>> and etc.  I started the work of merging all this info into the CREDITS
>> file.  I then cleaned up the formatting of CREDITS white-space and
>> even noticed some duplication.  This is an ongoing issue and one topic
>> that I discussed with Tilghman was about the formatting of an email
>> address for anti spam.  In response to our emails I realized that many
>> of the email addresses are out of date...  eg tilghman at digium.com
>> bounces mail. A persons name and email in combination are an
>> identifier currently.
>>
>> Everyone please offer your opinions on the following points.
>>
>> 1. Should email addresses be altered for anti spam purposes?
>
> See also http://svn.asterisk.org/svn/repotools/authors
>
> I use this to e.g. get proper names for the git mirror. Thus this list
> is a comprehensive list of commiters (to Asterisk, Zaptel, DAHDI and
> libpri. I didn't get around to mirror others, which should be trivial).
>

>> 2. Could we maybe update the repotools "authors" file with the license
>> numbers for each person?
>
> If you do, please keep a simple format to allow removing it in a simple
> shell script.
>

>> 3. Should we link to or transclude the repotools "authors" file?
>
> The SVN username is the unique identifier for now[1]. Emails have
> changed.
>

>> 4. Should all inline credits be moved to CREDITS or should I just
>> create a Doxygen group for them?
>>
>> 5. Thanks for making this far, have you checked your name/email
>> correctness in Asterisk/Credits or the repotools "authors" file?
>>
>> --
>> ~ Andrew "lathama" Latham lathama at gmail.com http://lathama.net ~
>
> [1] Any hope of moving to git? Anyway, I guess it can be
> cannonlized(sp?) as <username>@<something>.asterisk.org .
>
> --
>                Tzafrir Cohen
> icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
> +972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
> http://www.xorcom.com  iax:guest at local.xorcom.com/tzafrir
>
> --

Everyone

I committed my major cleanup of the formatting to CREDITS.  I will
work on duplicates and the credits spread though out the files soon.
For the email addresses I think that the simple "name at domain dot
tld" should work for anti spam measures.  I would love some feedback
on this.  Keep in mind that there are email addresses inline in many
files.  I discovered these addresses because Doxygen thought it was a
markup command.

BTW: GIT +1

--
~ Andrew "lathama" Latham lathama at gmail.com http://lathama.net ~