[asterisk-dev] Asterisk CREDITS

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Oct 11 10:06:41 CDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 10:41:53AM -0400, Andrew Latham wrote:
> All
>
> While working on Doxygen I have found many inline credits in the
> "\file" stanza and other locations of apps, resources, core components
> and etc.  I started the work of merging all this info into the CREDITS
> file.  I then cleaned up the formatting of CREDITS white-space and
> even noticed some duplication.  This is an ongoing issue and one topic
> that I discussed with Tilghman was about the formatting of an email
> address for anti spam.  In response to our emails I realized that many
> of the email addresses are out of date...  eg tilghman at digium.com
> bounces mail. A persons name and email in combination are an
> identifier currently.
>
> Everyone please offer your opinions on the following points.
>
> 1. Should email addresses be altered for anti spam purposes?

See also http://svn.asterisk.org/svn/repotools/authors

I use this to e.g. get proper names for the git mirror. Thus this list
is a comprehensive list of commiters (to Asterisk, Zaptel, DAHDI and
libpri. I didn't get around to mirror others, which should be trivial).

> 2. Could we maybe update the repotools "authors" file with the license
> numbers for each person?

If you do, please keep a simple format to allow removing it in a simple
shell script.

> 3. Should we link to or transclude the repotools "authors" file?

The SVN username is the unique identifier for now[1]. Emails have
changed.

> 4. Should all inline credits be moved to CREDITS or should I just
> create a Doxygen group for them?
>
> 5. Thanks for making this far, have you checked your name/email
> correctness in Asterisk/Credits or the repotools "authors" file?
>
> --
> ~ Andrew "lathama" Latham lathama at gmail.com http://lathama.net ~

[1] Any hope of moving to git? Anyway, I guess it can be
cannonlized(sp?) as <username>@<something>.asterisk.org .

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com