[asterisk-dev] Issue #ASTERISK-19435 - Core Dump in app_alarmreciever

Deon George deon at leenooks.net
Thu Mar 15 01:24:12 CDT 2012

Hi,

I have 2 questions:

* Would somebody on this list, who has commit access please take a look
at my logged issue #ASTERISK-19435 - basically app_alarmreciever causes
a segfault when receiving a call. I've provided a GDB back trace, the
changeset that introduced this problem and workaround - but it would be
great if it was fixed/committed for a future release.

* Secondly, since I've compiled my own asterisk with the fix (so that I
get a working app_alarmreceiver), my skype application (chan_skype) wont
load because "not compiled with the same compile-time options as this
version of Asterisk." Can somebody please tell me how to either just
generate an app_alarmreceiver for 1.8.9.2 (as provided by the RPMS), or
how I should recompile my asterisk so have the right options for
chan_skype.so (as provided by the RPM). (I dont know how to figure out
the compile time options - even though I grabbed the SRPM and just added
my patch and compiled with "RPM -ba".)

Thanks for your help..

...deon