[asterisk-dev] Issue #ASTERISK-19435 - Core Dump in app_alarmreciever

Kaloyan Kovachev kkovachev at varna.net
Thu Mar 15 06:45:25 CDT 2012

Hi,
 i have commented about the issue in ASTERISK-19435 itself, but would like
to use this thread (apologies for hijacking it) about app_alarmreciever and
patches related to it.
 I have made some modifications to app_alarmreciever to support some
additional formats and to also use aLAW in addition to uLAW, but since
app_alarmreceiver is an extended support module i am not sure if i should
make a patch to the current app or to create a new app. Because the changes
are quite a lot, probably it will be better to keep the old app unchanged
and to deprecate it later?

On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 17:24:12 +1100, Deon George <deon at leenooks.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have 2 questions:
>
> * Would somebody on this list, who has commit access please take a look
> at my logged issue #ASTERISK-19435 - basically app_alarmreciever causes
> a segfault when receiving a call. I've provided a GDB back trace, the
> changeset that introduced this problem and workaround - but it would be
> great if it was fixed/committed for a future release.

as commented in the issue itself i think the correct fix should be to
revert 276652 and replace it with:
if (chan->generatordata && fr->src && strcasecmp(fr->src, "ast_prod")) {

NULL src is not 'ast_prod' src and should not be handled as such