[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] Remove chan_usbradio and app_rpt.

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at meg.abyt.es
Sun Mar 11 00:04:03 CST 2012

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 10:26 PM, wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 6:47 PM, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
>> >
>> > Again, the driver for the first Tormenta card was called zaptel.
>>
>> Irrelevant, because Digium never made the Tormenta ISA card.
>
> They made the drivers.

Not the original ones, no.  The original drivers were from BSD.  As
best as I can tell, everything was written no earlier than 2000.  See
the copyright on the website and within the individual source files.
http://web.archive.org/web/20010302223218/http://www.bsdtelephony.com.mx/zapata-current.tar.gz
If you look through the code, as I have, you'll find that the term
"zaptel" is not mentioned anywhere.  Everything refers to Zapata
Telephony or Tormenta.  "Zaptel" was a later abbreviation by Mark
Spencer, when he ported Jim Dixon's drivers to Linux.

The full site (unfortunately, the ported Linux package was not
archived, so I cannot see what was there):
http://web.archive.org/web/20010302223218/http://www.bsdtelephony.com.mx/

-Tilghman