[asterisk-dev] Deprecation of cdr_mysql

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Jul 11 10:00:17 CDT 2012

11 jul 2012 kl. 16:50 skrev Matthew Jordan:

> [...]
If there is a bug that hits someone hard, there will be money put up to fix it.
I don't see that we have community maintainers for all the extended support modules either.

I don't see the value in the extra layer that ODBC provides. Complexity is scary.

Let's move it to extended and if we have a bug that makes it impossible to use, and no one
steps forward to fix it, then we propably have to re-evaluate.

I have cdr_mysql in production in many sites without issues, so I haven't been forced to work with it.
I can't accept any responsibility without funding for it, and I'm propably not the right developer for it either.
Tilghman is the one that I would pay to fix issues, since he has been doing the most recent work in
it. But he is like me, for pay and possibly not in a situation where he can accept without funding either.

So having one person tagged for each and every module seems to be a requirement that just doesn't work in this economical climate :-)

/O