[asterisk-dev] CDR issues - Can someone sanity check them?

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 16:19:05 CST 2012

On 4 January 2012 20:56, Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com> wrote:
> On 01/04/2012 11:49 AM, Steve Davies wrote:
>
>> The basic principle is that if an outbound channel is created, it will
>> probably be costing us, so we need to track it properly. The inbound
>> call information would be nice too if we can represent it as an aside.
>> If you need to track transfers, conferences etc in full detail, then
>> absolutely you need the additional info from CEL.
>
> SO taking your first sentence here... you mean if an outbound channel is
> created *and answered*. If there are costs you incur just for the channel
> being created, without it being answered, then CDRs will have a huge problem
> with outbound Dial() requests that generate multiple simultaneous outbound
> channels.

Yes, thanks for the correction. Basically the intention is for the
currently system to persist, including the existing option to save
those unanswered dial CDR records if required.

I have to write the CDR/CEL parser as part of my day job, so it is in
my interest for things to change as little as possible :)

Steve