[asterisk-dev] SIP Stack - Update

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Mon Dec 17 07:05:20 CST 2012

Faidon Liambotis wrote:
> On 12/17/12 05:57, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
>> While I generally would agree that with his complaints, he ended the
>> email in a very passive-aggressive way, and I responded in kind.
>
> For what it's worth, I didn't mean it to be passive-aggressive nor
> offensive. My mail was intended to a) be another data point in the whole
> external libraries discussion b) express that the external pjproject
> efforts are worthwile and are probably going to be useful even before
> Asterisk 12 or the chan_sip replacement.

I'm definitely open to tweaking Asterisk 11 to use this when we get to
that point. It should be relatively minor build system changes within
Asterisk to accomplish it. The end result of using the system one or the
embedded one being the same code wise makes it fine in my mind (although
if anyone else disagrees so be it). Ripping it out of what we distribute
would be a non-starter though since that's an invasive change for end
users for a shipping release, but packagers could since the other option
would be there.

<snip>

> On that note, if anyone on this list has some basic Debian packaging
> skills and is interested in helping out, I'd be more than happy to guide
> them through the package and be their sponsor. We could certainly use
> more hands.

Matt also asked long ago for volunteers in that area but he received no
reading this. Eh? Anyone? Bueller?

--
Joshua Colp