[asterisk-dev] Removing res_jabber, chan_gtalk, chan_jingle?

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Aug 16 10:37:41 CDT 2012

16 aug 2012 kl. 17:28 skrev Matthew Jordan:

> [...]
Since the websockets standards are still moving target we will either have to
delay the release or mark it experimental.

>>> Well, can you point me to the discussion on the -dev list that lead
>>> to the
>>> decision to release a "certified" code base?
>
> Contributions to the Open Source Asterisk project are discussed on the
> asterisk-dev mailing list.  That certainly has not, and will not change.
>
> The decisions regarding Certified Asterisk were done as a Digium business
> decision.  Digium is putting  time and effort behind an SLA for those
> particular releases.  The same thing would apply to the Digium phones.
> As far as I'm aware, changes to the open source code base in relation to
> those items have been done transparently.
>
> I understand if you disagree with their presence on the Asterisk website.
> I'm more then happy to discuss those concerns with Malcolm and the business
> folks to see if, during the website redesign, we can address some of those
> concerns.

Please do. If you look at the downloads web page now while trying to assess
this open source project you will be very confused. With the addition of all the
commercial information on the asterisk.org site that kind of hides the open source side
I feel that the open source is moved to much too the back, hidden behind
commercial interests. That's no good for all of us that work with Asterisk, especially
companies that compete with Switchvox and Digium phones, but still wants to
be part of the Asterisk.org community and contribute and support the project.

/O