[asterisk-dev] Best keepalive for peers

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sun Oct 16 11:08:01 CDT 2011

On 10/15/2011 01:42 PM, Catalin S. wrote:
> Hello Tilghman,
>
> Thank you for your response. Unfortunately i cannot replace all my phone
> especially that is users with different kind of phones from nokia
> terminals with native sip client to android users applications,
> xlite and other soft phones, cisco phones and fxo/fxs devices... in my
> network i use many kind of terminals and i think that is not my problem
> what terminal did my users use. My network is very good , is a server
> that is hosted at frankfurt in a good data center with minimum
> delay/jitter.  Did you think is that because of my many users? Is the
> number too much for a single server with asterisk? How about migration
> to kamalio? Is a good choice? supports much more users/authentication?
> how about better keep alive and avoid unreachable users?

Your questions indicate that you didn't read Tilghman's reply at all. 85
users is not 'too many' for pretty much any Asterisk server you could
imagine; on moderate hardware, Asterisk can easily handle a thousand SIP
peers or more.

If your SIP peers are taking 234ms or longer to respond, then you need
to adjust your configuration to treat that amount of time as
'acceptable' and not 'unacceptable'. Changing the 'qualify' time to be
300 (or higher) will do that.

--
Kevin P. Fleming