[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] Add mute all participants; play participant count to ConfBridge

David Vossel dvossel at digium.com
Thu Nov 3 12:31:37 CDT 2011

----- Original Message -----

Architecturally playing each sound file individually to each participant is a problem.  Because of the way things are done right now, whatever sound files we play block the channel that is issuing the mute all action and must be played in sequence rather than at the same time.  If we have 100 participants it could take 3 minutes just to tell them they are all muted.  In order to do the playback independently of one another, we'd have to figure out a way to signal each participants channel thread to break them out of the conference and play the sound file, then put them back in.  The synchronization required to do that would be invasive.

--
David Vossel
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer, Open Source Software