[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] Add mute all participants; play participant count to ConfBridge

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.co.uk
Thu Nov 3 12:22:20 CDT 2011

In article <20111103170127.22261.77525 at hotblack.digium.com>,
David Vossel <reviewboard at asterisk.org> wrote:
> /trunk/apps/app_confbridge.c
> <https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/1518/#comment8861>
>
>     Umm, if we don't mute the admin, the admin will still hear the sound file that they are
> muted, but they won't actually be muted.  Then when the admin starts making fun of people in
> the conference everyone will hear them even though the admin was told the line is muted.
> This may or may not be the expected behavior.
>
>     It might be better to go ahead and make this function mute everyone and make the admins
> explicitly unmute themselves after mute all is used. If we don't do it this way, we should
> make sure to comment in the documentation that the admin will not be affected by this
> action.

Since the status of being muted is an attribute of an individual
conference member, it should be announced separately to each user on
their channel. Even if there is a command to mute all, they should
still be told individually, rather than in a conference announcement.
Then if the command doesn't mute admins, it still works correctly,
without misleading anyone!

I have custom modifications to Meetme that work exactly like this.

Just my 2p

Cheers
Tony
--