[asterisk-dev] Paid developer wanted to work on ASTERISK-17875

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Mon Jun 20 08:09:27 CDT 2011

On 20/06/11 20:56, Leif Madsen wrote:
> I imagine you don't need to do the valgrind interpretation but rather
> gather the debugging information then attach it for review on the issue.
> Of course if you *can* do the evaluation as well that is always useful
> for moving an issue forward, but if not, then providing the information
> for another developer to look at is always useful.

Leif,

That makes sense, but on reflection it's probably quicker for whoever is
going to work on this to do it than for us to pay a contractor to do the
valgrind test then forward the data to whoever will fix it. I hope this
will provide some incentive:

I'm offering a USD 1000 reward for whoever first produces patches for
1.6.2 and 1.8 to fix this and has their 1.8 patch accepted into the
Digium repository for inclusion in future 1.8.X versions of Asterisk.
This offer is good until the end of June. During July, the reward is USD
750. After the end of July, there's no reward offered at this time.
Payment will be by PayPal. If multiple developers work on the fix that
gets accepted by Digium, the reward will be split between them as I
think fair.

Alistair Cunningham
+1 888 468 3111
+44 20 799 39 799