[asterisk-dev] IAX hardphone

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sat Feb 12 08:25:33 CST 2011

On 02/11/2011 03:35 PM, Bill Shaw wrote:
> I'm seeing some information elements in my data that are not defined in
> the RFC and Wireshark doesn't know - 0x37 & 0x38. Is there an updated
> list of ies available somewhere?
>
> Also, I'm wondering if my 'accept' issue is because I'm not
> authenticating first. I should be able to just 'accept' the 'new'
> without authenticating, shouldn't I?

If you are the receiver of the NEW request, you are not going to
'authenticate' at all, although you could choose to require the sender
of the NEW to authenticate *to* you. Whether you do or not should not
affect the remainder of the call.

Are you not seeing *any* logging on the Asterisk console (with maximum
verbosity and debug levels, and 'iax2 debug on') when your ACCEPT is
sent to it?

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com