[asterisk-dev] IAX hardphone

Bill Shaw b.shaw at comcast.net
Mon Feb 14 09:56:51 CST 2011

On 2/12/2011 9:25 AM, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> On 02/11/2011 03:35 PM, Bill Shaw wrote:
>> I'm seeing some information elements in my data that are not defined in
>> the RFC and Wireshark doesn't know - 0x37 & 0x38. Is there an updated
>> list of ies available somewhere?
>>
>> Also, I'm wondering if my 'accept' issue is because I'm not
>> authenticating first. I should be able to just 'accept' the 'new'
>> without authenticating, shouldn't I?
>
> If you are the receiver of the NEW request, you are not going to
> 'authenticate' at all, although you could choose to require the sender
> of the NEW to authenticate *to* you. Whether you do or not should not
> affect the remainder of the call.
>
> Are you not seeing *any* logging on the Asterisk console (with maximum
> verbosity and debug levels, and 'iax2 debug on') when your ACCEPT is
> sent to it?

Entering 'iax2 debug on' at the command line gets a "no such command'
response.

There is no response to the 'accept' on teh console,  but I do see
'circuit is busy' followed by 'Auto-congesting call due to slow
response' as if it did not see the 'accept' at all.

I agree with the fact that the iax source code being  the protocol
documentation is a very poor practice.  I come from a
military/industrial/automotive background where that would be just plain
unacceptable.  It's really making me second-guess my decision to go with
iax for this project.

Thanks again,

Bill