[asterisk-dev] [svn-commits] lathama: branch 1.6.2 r305752 - /branches/1.6.2/channels/chan_sip.c

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Feb 3 07:39:05 CST 2011

On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 04:59:42AM -0600, Russell Bryant wrote:

> Another relevant piece of information here is that the license that
> the wiki content is distributed under prohibits use of the content
> for commercial purposes.
>
> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/us/

May I ask why?

Sure, there may be plenty of reasons why people would not want the
documentation they write to be modifiable by others, or to be used
commercially.

So let's look at an example document:

  https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Development

I really fail to see the reason you would not want me to reuse that
content in other documentation. I'd really like to be able to reuse
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/A+Brief+History+of+the+Asterisk+Project
in a Wikipedia article. I'd love to be able to reuse
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Important+Security+Considerations
and not have to resort to using
http://svnview.digium.com/svn/asterisk/tags/1.8.0/doc/tex/security.tex?view=markup

--