[asterisk-dev] Reviewboard/Mantis/JIRA and License Agreement integration unhappiness?

Russell Bryant russell at russellbryant.net
Tue Dec 6 16:21:31 CST 2011

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 12:30 PM, Kris Boutilier <Kris.Boutilier at scrd.ca> wrote:
> Hi all, kpfleming suggested I post here to reach the powers that be.
>

> I signed a license agreement a long time ago (back when they had to be faxed
> in) and made some contributions via Mantis (username: kb1_kanobe2). My
> participation eventually dwindled and my account idled. At some point
> something must have changed as Mantis now shows me as not having completed a
> license agreement. Recently JIRA was introduced and the Mantis database
> frozen. Now I’d like to make some more contributions so I reactivated my
> account on JIRA – JIRA also reported no license agreement. No problem, I
> submitted a new one and got an email back at the beginning of November that
> it was approved. Now I’d like to participate in the Code Review board
> however when I try to log in it reports:
>

> You do not have a current license agreement. You must complete the
> electronic license agreement on https://issues.asterisk.org/ to log in to
> reviewboard.
>

> I presume it’s still looking at the Mantis tables, but if I try to complete
> a license agreement over there I get an Insert permission denied.
>

> Help?

Your original license was probably expired when a new version of the
license agreement was introduced some number of years ago.

Regarding the reviewboard issue, AFAIK, it's still looking at the
mantis database.  Someone will have to manually create an account for
you in the reviewboard admin interface and then it will work.

Long term (IMO, anyway...), reviewboard needs to be updated to use the
same auth backend as JIRA (Atlassian's SSO system, crowd), or the
project will need to migrate to the Atlassian code review tool.

I made some progress getting reviewboard to use this crowd auth
backend for django, but wasn't able to finish by the time I left
Digium.

    https://github.com/taxilian/django-crowd-backend

It's not really a project that someone outside of Digium can help with, though.

--
Russell Bryant