[asterisk-dev] Reviewboard/Mantis/JIRA and License Agreement integration unhappiness?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Dec 6 16:22:56 CST 2011

On 12/06/2011 11:30 AM, Kris Boutilier wrote:
> Hi all, kpfleming suggested I post here to reach the powers that be.
>
> I signed a license agreement a long time ago (back when they had to be
> faxed in) and made some contributions via Mantis (username:
> kb1_kanobe2). My participation eventually dwindled and my account idled.
> At some point something must have changed as Mantis now shows me as not
> having completed a license agreement. Recently JIRA was introduced and
> the Mantis database frozen. Now I’d like to make some more contributions
> so I reactivated my account on JIRA – JIRA also reported no license
> agreement. No problem, I submitted a new one and got an email back at
> the beginning of November that it was approved. Now I’d like to
> participate in the Code Review board however when I try to log in it
> reports:
>
> /You do not have a current license agreement. You must complete the
> electronic license agreement on https://issues.asterisk.org/ to log in
> to reviewboard./
>
> I presume it’s still looking at the Mantis tables, but if I try to
> complete a license agreement over there I get an Insert permission denied.

This is just an artifact of the migration from Mantis to JIRA; we did
not properly anticipate the effects this would have on our ReviewBoard
installation, and we're not quite ready to migrate off of it (although
we are close to finally tasking someone with doing the work to determine
what will be necessary to migrate and putting together a plan for that).

In the meantime, creation of ReviewBoard accounts (or password changes
to existing accounts) must be done manually by one of the people with
ReviewBoard administrator privileges. That list is myself, David Vossel,
Matt Nicholson and Matt Jordan. I'll try to get someone out of that
group assigned primary responsibility for handling ReviewBoard accounts.

--
Kevin P. Fleming