[asterisk-dev] License for documentation

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Wed Aug 31 13:56:15 CDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 9:28 AM, Simon Perreault
<simon.perreault at viagenie.ca> wrote:
> Just adding my voice so that people having the token for this issue know that
> it's not just Olle that is concerned about this. And I'd gladly offer to help,
> but I'm not sure that we can do anything useful at this point...

I'm not sure the -dev list is the best venue for this discussion.

That being said, as someone who has poured a lot of his heart and soul
over the past few years into helping others learn Asterisk, and as
someone who happens to care about how distributions package Asterisk,
I'd like to add my voice to that of Olle and Simon and others who have
expressed concern.  To put it frankly, I think it's a shame that the
Asterisk source code is more open than the documentation.

--
Jared Smith