[asterisk-dev] Fwd: Asterisk Sip Registration Hooks

Mike Myhre digium at aeisecure.com
Wed Aug 10 11:47:36 CDT 2011

> By the way... a colleague here reminded me of this thread yesterday,
> and I wanted to correct a previous statement I made: if you produce a
> patch for Asterisk 10 that adds security event reporting for the
> various REGISTER-related events you want to report and submit it
> through the normal process, there's still time to get it into Asterisk
> 10. It's still in beta, and such a patch would have very low risk of
> regressions or performance issues... plus it's something the community
> has wanted for a long time.

I would like to do that. What is the timing on when I would need to
submit it by? I have it working great using 1.6.2 and adding it to the
1.4.X trunk would be an easy thing. For the 1.8.X and 10 I would like to
take advantage of Russels security events and that means I need to setup
a test system for both of those versions. I will be out of town for the
next 2 weeks so I am looking at the beginning of Sept before I could
have a version I would feel good about on all versions of Asterisk. Is
that still in the window to get it in Asterisk 10?

     Thanks,

     Mike Myhre