[asterisk-dev] Fwd: Asterisk Sip Registration Hooks

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Aug 9 14:15:31 CDT 2011

On 07/29/2011 05:06 PM, Mike Myhre wrote:

>> Where does it say on the Digium website that 1.6 is the 'current
>> stable' version? If it says that anywhere, we need to get it fixed,
>> for a few reasons: we never use the 'stable version' terminology
>> because it's misleading, and '1.6' is not a complete version number
>> (1.6.0, 1.6.1 and 1.6.2 were all 1.6.x release branches).
> Here: http://www.asterisk.org/start
> it says:
> Current Version: Asterisk 1.6.2
> (which I assumed implied 'stable' since I know there are other current
> versions). I was being lax in not specifying the full version notation.

By the way... a colleague here reminded me of this thread yesterday, and
I wanted to correct a previous statement I made: if you produce a patch
for Asterisk 10 that adds security event reporting for the various
REGISTER-related events you want to report and submit it through the
normal process, there's still time to get it into Asterisk 10. It's
still in beta, and such a patch would have very low risk of regressions
or performance issues... plus it's something the community has wanted
for a long time.

--
Kevin P. Fleming