[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] Changes to h323 to allow use with h323plus > 1.20.

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Wed Apr 27 09:41:31 CDT 2011

On 11-04-27 08:28 AM, Gregory Nietsky wrote:

> IMHO it should be trunk and that said chan_h323.c should be deprecated to
> security fixes only for the life of 1.10
>
> this patch introduces some new features setting the id and cli command there is
> also a bug fix for ipv6.
>
> the ipv6 bug should go into 1.6.2+
>
> the only poked this cause i was bored there were tickets open and i had not
> looked at the official chan_h323 for a while.
> i run gnugk built against the latest libs so took it as a opertunity to work
> with it and get it up to date.
>
> ooh323 has T38 support so i find that much more attractive and have started
> working on it like i did sip to get the T.38
> handshake working im not going to bother with the old chan and have replaced it
> on all sites already.

Does it make sense to put this in at all then? Does this add an ability to use a
library, but still allow people to use the existing code unaltered if they don't
use this library?

Otherwise I'm not sure we should even proceed if this isn't going to be
maintained at all.

chan_h323 is already on my list to be marked as deprecated in favor of chan_ooh323.

Leif.