[asterisk-dev] 16khz/8khz Translation path

David Vossel dvossel at digium.com
Mon Sep 27 09:20:26 CDT 2010

----- Original Message -----

I have noticed this as well and this needs to be investigated.  It is possible that the second of audio we use to calculate the the least cost translation path is not accurate enough.   If it turns out that G722 is actually somehow more cost efficient than using the libresample library then we need to come up with a way to force lossless codec translations when they are available.

David Vossel
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer, Open Source Software