[asterisk-dev] iax on multiple interfaces / networks

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu May 27 06:03:08 CDT 2010

On 05/27/2010 04:50 AM, Wolfgang Pichler wrote:

> Can anyone here tell me if it is only a simple config failure i have
> done - or if the iax implementation is not able to handle this ?

This has nothing to do with the IAX implementation; it is entirely a
configuration issue. If you want the IAX2 channel driver to send packets
with a specific source address, you have to configure it that way. The
default configuration is for it to be bound to (and send from) the
'0.0.0.0' address, which lets the operating system/network stack decide
on the source address for each outbound packet.

If you instead setup multiple bindings in the configuration file, one
for each address the channel driver should listen on, when it sends
packets they will be sent using the correct binding, and thus have the
correct source address. This is no different than with any other
application that has to be configured to support multiple routes and
uses UDP.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com