[asterisk-dev] bug 0016466: cidname and cidnum in output of "sip show peers"

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Mar 22 11:24:18 CDT 2010

22 mar 2010 kl. 16.10 skrev Leif Madsen:

> Ron Arts wrote:
>> Allright. Fair enough. I personally feel things are being overengineered here,
>> for a small new feature that is very helpful for support engineers, but I
>> guess the decision has been made.
>>

> I think the issue here is not that this is a small feature that is useful for
> you, but rather that we have existing implementations that may expect the output
> to be of a certain format (i.e. the way it is now), and that changing that
> output formatting would break an existing implementation (even if the use of the
> output in a script is not recommended).

But also, trying to find a generic solution. There are a lot of different requests for
things that different people really need added to various "show" commands.
Now, most of them just need to be directed to AMI. You specifically targeted
human beings, which is why we have the "show" commands. But still, as developers,
we need to try to create generic solutions that will solve your issue as well as
the 15 yet-to-be-written requests for new stuff in the "sip show peers" list.

Feel free to change your source, you have full access to it! :-)

Regards,
/Olle