[asterisk-dev] bug 0016466: cidname and cidnum in output of "sip show peers"

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Mon Mar 22 10:10:39 CDT 2010

Ron Arts wrote:
> Allright. Fair enough. I personally feel things are being overengineered here,
> for a small new feature that is very helpful for support engineers, but I
> guess the decision has been made.
>
> If I want to discuss the other proposal, should we do that in a new thread?
> You know, adding callerid to all 'ringing', 'answered', 'busy'  etc messages
> in the log output?

I think the issue here is not that this is a small feature that is useful for
you, but rather that we have existing implementations that may expect the output
to be of a certain format (i.e. the way it is now), and that changing that
output formatting would break an existing implementation (even if the use of the
output in a script is not recommended).

Leif.