[asterisk-dev] bug 0016466: cidname and cidnum in output of "sip show peers"

Ron Arts ron.arts at netland.nl
Mon Mar 22 10:35:05 CDT 2010

Op 22-03-10 16:10, Leif Madsen schreef:
> Ron Arts wrote:
>> Allright. Fair enough. I personally feel things are being overengineered here,
>> for a small new feature that is very helpful for support engineers, but I
>> guess the decision has been made.
>>
>> If I want to discuss the other proposal, should we do that in a new thread?
>> You know, adding callerid to all 'ringing', 'answered', 'busy'  etc messages
>> in the log output?
>
> I think the issue here is not that this is a small feature that is useful for
> you, but rather that we have existing implementations that may expect the output
> to be of a certain format (i.e. the way it is now), and that changing that
> output formatting would break an existing implementation (even if the use of the
> output in a script is not recommended).

That sounds a bit patronizing. I only suggested it for trunk. And I honestly
believe this feature isn't only useful to me, but to a lot of people out there.
Too bad nobody is stepping up to confirm that :-(

Anyway, what about the other suggestion? Should I spare myself the trouble?
Are there people depending on parsing logfile output?

Ron

--
Netland Internet Services BV
bedrijfsmatige internetoplossingen

http://www.netland.nl  Science Park 140           1098 XG Amsterdam
info: 020-5628282      servicedesk: 020-5628282   fax: 020-5628281
KvK Amsterdam 33253286

Op dit bericht is de volgende disclaimer van toepassing:
http://www.netland.nl/maildisclaimer