[asterisk-dev] bug 0016466: cidname and cidnum in output of "sip show peers"

Ron Arts ron.arts at netland.nl
Mon Mar 22 09:50:04 CDT 2010

Op 22-03-10 15:11, Leif Madsen schreef:
> Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>>> Implementing this for every CLI command that people would be interested in having customized output for would be a tremendous amount of work.  I would like to see work on the "data get" API done to help solve this problem.  The API should be merged soon.  From there, we will need a SIP peers data provider.  Finally, I'd like to see a CLI interface for data API that allows you to query an Asterisk data provider for the information you want to see.
>> Sounds like an idea.
>>
>> But the important decision here is to stop changing and/or extend the current CLI commands that list various types of objects.
>
> OK, then Russell was right in closing this out the first time as "Won't Fix".
>
> Leif.

Allright. Fair enough. I personally feel things are being overengineered here,
for a small new feature that is very helpful for support engineers, but I
guess the decision has been made.

If I want to discuss the other proposal, should we do that in a new thread?
You know, adding callerid to all 'ringing', 'answered', 'busy'  etc messages
in the log output?

Thanks,
Ron

--
Netland Internet Services BV
bedrijfsmatige internetoplossingen

http://www.netland.nl  Science Park 140           1098 XG Amsterdam
info: 020-5628282      servicedesk: 020-5628282   fax: 020-5628281
KvK Amsterdam 33253286

Op dit bericht is de volgende disclaimer van toepassing:
http://www.netland.nl/maildisclaimer