[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] chan_sip: Make the session-timers 'require: timer' header an option

Darren Sessions dmsessions at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 08:12:22 CDT 2010

Bit fuzzy on the proposed new "accept" mode.

So if an outgoing call is placed, and a '420 Bad extension' is
received, are we saying a new invite gets sent out immediately with
the supported-header? Seems a bit redundant to retry the outbound call
if the mode is accept and the new originate mode does the outbound
calls with the supported header.

Would seem to make more sense, at least to me, in that scenario if I
was making outbound calls to whomever that was requiring at least a
minimum of the supported-header to just use the originate mode instead
making the accept mode retry the call. Am I missing something?

Just a thought . .