[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] chan_sip: Make the session-timers 'require: timer' header an option

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Jun 10 06:59:25 CDT 2010

On 06/10/2010 03:38 AM, Nick Lewis wrote:

> I think the modes and behaviour could be as follows:
> refuse: for outgoing calls do not add to supported-header;
>         for incoming calls do not add to supported-header even if received with required-header

This one is a violation of the SIP RFCs, please do not implement it. If
an incoming Require header includes 'timer', and the UA does not wish to
support Session-Timer, the *only* recourse it has is to reply with a
'420 Bad Extension'.

> accept: for outgoing calls do not add to supported-header but retry with it added to supported-header if a required-header rejection is received;
>         for incoming calls add to supported-header if received with supported-header
> (new)originate: for outgoing calls add to supported-header but not required-header;
>                 for incoming calls add to supported-header if received with supported-header
> require(oldorig): for outgoing calls add to supported-header and required-header;
>                    for incoming calls add to supported-header and required-header even if not received with supported-header
>
> If originate cannot be renamed for backward compatibility then the last two could be negotiate and originate

Otherwise this seems like a reasonable approach.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com