[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] chan_sip: Make the session-timers 'require: timer' header an option

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Jun 10 08:32:49 CDT 2010

On 06/10/2010 08:12 AM, Darren Sessions wrote:

> So if an outgoing call is placed, and a '420 Bad extension' is
> received, are we saying a new invite gets sent out immediately with
> the supported-header? Seems a bit redundant to retry the outbound call
> if the mode is accept and the new originate mode does the outbound
> calls with the supported header.
>
> Would seem to make more sense, at least to me, in that scenario if I
> was making outbound calls to whomever that was requiring at least a
> minimum of the supported-header to just use the originate mode instead
> making the accept mode retry the call. Am I missing something?

Oops... you are right, I missed that in the proposal. For 'accept' mode
on an outgoing call, the 'timer' option should be listed in the
Supported header, but there should *not* be a Session-Expires header or
a refresher listed. If the other end responds with a Session-Expires
header in its, then Asterisk would accept the activation of the timer
option.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com