[asterisk-dev] temporary PauseQueueMember

Milo van der Zee milo at vanderzee.org
Tue Jun 1 16:12:37 CDT 2010

Hello,

thanks for the idea to use a cron job or any other external script to
solve issues. But I don't think it will help in my case. I could of
course query the manager and store start pause times and unpause the
older ones.

My case is actually that a call is parked and that I don't want the
phone to ring because of other incoming calls from the queue. Pausing
the phone does that. But how can I be sure that the user actually
unparks the call? That would be the only moment to unpause the phone.
Making it temporary solves this case because I could unpause it
automatically right after the time-out of the parked call.

What I actually want is a simple 'on-hold' system without queues or
other fancy stuff. Press '#9' to put the call on hold and call '9' to
un-hold. If not picked up just ring the phone again. But don't allow
other calls to ring the phone.

Am I supposed to reply to all??? I think so. Apologies if not.

For now I think my change is helpful. It is at least a very simple
enhancement so nothing lost if nobody uses it :) But I would like to
have it accepted in the main tree.

MAG,
Milo