[asterisk-dev] Opening multiple zap channels for reading / writing

Muhammad Ali enigma.ali at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 07:43:21 CDT 2010

Hi,

I want to open multiple zap channels for reading writing , one way i see of
doing it is using  "open("/dev/zap/channel")" and specifying respective
channel. The problem in this approach is i want to send / receive data
distributed over multiple channels.

To clarify the application , please consider the following description:

Main purpose of doing this is to Transmit ETHERNET data over TDM on per
channel basis. Suppose i am to send 1500 bytes of packet over TDM. And i
only have 2 TDM channels available. How would it be done ?

I am currently able to Transmit and Receive on single channel but i require
more bandwidth to increase my throughput.
the only way i knw of accessing zap channels is through /dev/zap/channel
interface.

If there is a way i can open multiple zap channels as single unit ?? like 3
channels acting as one ? so i have a greater bandwidth.

I hope i make sense.

If there is a better way of doing so, kindly guide me .

BR.
--
ALi...
(علی)