[asterisk-dev] Review board #464 - is it contributed with proper license

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Jan 26 08:21:16 CST 2010

On 01/26/2010 02:34 AM, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>>> There's also no process -
>>> who takes it further. Maybe we should have a process where code is first
>>> discussed in issues.asterisk.org and only a committer pre-commit posts it
>>> and manage the review-board process. Having two different systems for
>>> people to post patches is confusing.
>>
>> We strongly encourage people to post their patches on Reviewboard, as it's
>> a great tool for reviewing changes.  One of our developers even posts his own
>> patches and critiques them himself, because it makes the review of the whole
>> body much easier.
>>
> I agree that it's a good tool, but maybe it should not be the starting point for all patches contributed. It's not a good tool to discuss whether a patch is a good thing or not, or discuss the architecture of a solution. I prefer mantis there. Reviewboard is not a good tool to handle the process in my eyes.

Agreed.  I absolutely think patches from non-committers must go to
mantis first.  That policy is documented here:

http://www.asterisk.org/doxygen/trunk/Reviewboard.html

There is a link to this page from the reviewboard login page, as well.

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager, Open Source Software