[asterisk-dev] Small changes to app_meetme

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Thu Feb 18 14:27:37 CST 2010

On Thursday 18 February 2010 13:17:30 Dan Austin wrote:
> I have been maintaining a package that allows for scheduling
> MeetMe conferences.  During the ramp up to 1.6 I worked on
> porting the scheduling logic out of a separate application into
> app_meetme and these changes were graciously accepted (thanks).
>
> I've held off releasing an update for this package, as each release of
> 1.6 was still not quite ready to support realtime meetme, that was until
> 1.6.2.
>
> Testers have pointed out a couple of small issues-
>

> 1.        Pinless conferences will not load flags from the RealTime engine.
> This is a minor oversight and requires a six-ish line patch to fix,
> which would load the non-admin flags (options) if no pin was set.
> Before I produce the path- Bug or feature?

If somebody can reasonably expect the behavior (and I would), it's a bug.

> 2.       The package I maintain includes a script that uses manager events
> to produce an application specific CDR.  If I were to add an application
> variable (MEETMEBOOKID), I could drop the script from my package,
> and instead include instructions on how to use the built-in CDR tools
> to accomplish the same goal.  There is no way I can justify this as a
> a bug fix, but I am hoping it is too small (4 lines) to be considered a
> feature.

There are already arbitrary CDR variables, and in 1.6.2, we have the ability
in most CDR backends to populate those variables to the CDR database
table.  I don't see a major issue with populating that CDR variable in 1.6.2.
Though it's technically a feature, I don't see any possible ways that this
could cause a regression.

--
Tilghman Lesher